Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"I'll Start My Work At Home Business As Soon As My Life Settles Down"

I said that to myself over 3 years ago and I've heard it from a lot of others. But you want to know a secret? ...My life still hasn't settled down, in fact it has gotten busier. I looked at others who had success and thought, "Wow, how do they do it? They must have help or something." When in fact they don't have help and didn't when they started their home based business. So what is their secret? They must know some magic that helps them be so successful. Of course not! But how can they be so successful?

It doesn’t matter when you start, you just have to start.  Now think of it this way, if you took on a job at a corporation you wouldn’t tell them, “Well, I have so many things going on in my life right now so I’ll let you know when I am available to work for you.”  How long do you think you would have that job?  Probably less than a minute, well the same is true for a home based business.

     Decision

     Commitment

     Be Constantly Involved

The first thing is to make the decision that this is going to be your career.  It should be a no-brainer, you will be successful because you believe you will.  You need to be 100% sold on yourself, there should be no doubt that you have that faith in yourself. 

Next comes the commitment.  If your “why” for choosing this path is strong enough then again there will be no thought about IF you are going to do this or TRY to do this. What is your why?  If its money, then think again it has to be a strong why and money is just a means to an end.

Then, be constantly involved in your business.  No action leads to fear and self doubt, the best way to squash that is activity.  Schedule your activities as if it is your job because it is.  If you treat it like a job then you will find the time to work it.  And always remember that you are the only one who can fire you.  Are you the type of employee you would hire?  If you are then you will be successful.  Build your business on a daily basis and there will be no room for fear.
These are just three observations, I know there are many more but I've learned as I went along.  It’s funny, one day I just decided that if I didn’t start building my business I never would and wouldn’t you know, I made the time. 

What do you find challenging in your business?

No comments:

Post a Comment