Friday, August 19, 2011

Fridays are Fabulous Mexican Night

Tonight we had tacos and those are probably self explanitory but the recipe I want to share is out of this world, well at least our world. 

An unnamed Chicken Recipe

3-4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 can of corn (drained)
3 cups of salsa (your choice mild, medium, hot)
1 medium onion chopped

Put the above in your crock-pot cook till chicken is done.  I set it on high for about 5hrs (unless the chicken is frozen then about 6hrs)  I tend to cook things longer, so use your own judgement on length to cook it.

The chicken will have to be shredded (I take it out and use 2 forks)
Add 1 8oz. pkg. of cream cheese

Add shredded chicken and stir until the cream cheese is melted.

I serve it with Doritos or tortilla chips.  YUM!!  My kids really love this recipe.  Or take soft corn taco shells fill and put in a pan cover with cheese and bake until the cheese is melted and browned.

So what would you name this?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy Michelle, sometimes I just love to put a bunch of stuff in a crock pot and forget it until dinner time.
    I wish I could come up with some witty name but one escapes me; sorry!

    ReplyDelete